Hello Greatness Partner, welcome to DanielAjumobi.com – the place where people in pursuit of success come to get actionable insights. Today, lets see how to start and keep a conversation going.
Life is all about conversing, and as we journey through daily, we meet people in different capacities and most times we find it difficult to strike a meaningful conversation. Sometimes, we meet a number of persons who compliments us, most especially could influence you and your business. But now, you have done all the official greetings and flattering and you need the conversation to continue.
Most times you ask questions that require just a short and simple answer then you try to go ahead but it seems like you have lost control over your vocabulary and it seems to you that there is nothing you’ve got to say after the regularities. Usually, there are questions that are quite engaging and would leave you both talking long enough only to realize it’s late already. These types of conversations make you unforgettable. Some people will say there was chemistry and the conversation flowed all day but permit me to tell you that the physics behind that chemistry is the right question that gave birth to the long conversations.
Here’s a list of conversation question hacks for you to consider.
1. Tell me about you.
2. What’s your story? How did you become such a well groomed person?
3. What project are you working on right now? I recently picked up …what do you think about it?
4. What was the highlight of the event today because mine was …?
5. What was the highlight of your week? Have you been to an event meeting like this before?
6. What was the high-point and low-point of your day so far?
7. What are you doing this weekend?
8. What are your favorite restaurants around here?
9. Keeping up with __sport / tv show / news__ recently? NP: That’s only if you’re a sport fan.
10. All the food looks so good… I’m not sure what to get! What are you thinking? Or what have you tried?
11. What a beautiful / cool / ugly / bizarre venue. Have you been here before?
12. One of the speakers said…… but I feel…
13. When you were growing up, what was your dream job? Is any part of that still true?
14. Who is your role model? Is there a charitable cause you support?
The best conversations will be about the event (immediate situation) you’re in because that’s what you both can relate to at that moment. Don’t forget to look bold, wear a smile and ask any of the conversation starters stated above.
Don’t be scared to flow by the rhythm of the answers you get and dive deeper. Also try your best to be real, don’t struggle to speak, don’t stutter and don’t be robotic. If you’re not real, the bulk of conversations can hover on the surface-level topics. It’s refreshing to speak about more meaningful areas of our lives. It’s true, a number of those conversation starters could also be a touch forward, but if the conversation is progressing well, I encourage you to undertake them.
As my custom is, I enjoy reading back from you. So, please kindly share in the comment session below any other tips not stated above but can be of help. Drop your opinion and share your experience as related with the topic of discussion.
Thank you for spending some time with me today. Another article drops tomorrow. Ensure you are subscribed to my email newsletter so you don’t miss out on anything. Some interesting updates coming soon. If you have not signed up for my newsletter, do that right away … below
PS: Check out MY OFFER page for products and services that can be of growth to you and your business as well.
PERSONAL GROWTH STORE
How to Turn Yourself to a Live Breathing Cash Machine₦5,000.00
Blog Cash University₦30,000.00
Affiliate Marketing With Expertnaire₦12,000.00
US Importation Masterclass₦18,000.00
Google Display Ads Training₦15,000.00
The Millionaire Facebook Group Program₦15,000.00
How to Create a Paypal Account in Nigeria₦10,000.00
Ultimate Move to Canada With Low IELTS Guide₦25,000.00
Instagram Growth Hack₦50,000.00